Original Name :
North Perth (1883 to the 1890's)
West Perth (1890's to
City West (currently)
Station Facts :
The original station was situated closer
to Perth station, near the Freeway at the back of the old Perth Metropolitan
City West at the moment forms the west end of the free-transit zone, which
runs between McIver Station and City West.
City West Station was once at the western end of the Perth goods yard making
it an important junction for the goods traffic along the line
between Perth and Leighton, North Fremantle and Fremantle.
Recently City West has had slight make over with new brick pavers on it's
plaform, new seating and a paint job to the station shelters.
(West Perth Station, 15th of January 1969)
(Thanks to Roderick Smith for he's
photo of West Perth Station)